Glowworms, Geysers & Maori Culture
For travellers with just a 4 night Auckland stopover there is time to visit the famous limestone caves at Waitomo and the thermal attractions of Rotorua including a taste of the Maori culture.
- Meet and Greet on arrival in New Zealand
- New Zealand Airport Transfers
- English/Foreign speaking guide depending on arrangements
- Quality hotel accommodation, twin/double rooms, (single rooms available with single supplement) all with private facilities
- Cooked Breakfasts (B) and Dinners (D) where indicated on the itinerary or to be included by arrangement.
- Tour admissions as per itinerary. (eg scenic boat cruises, cultural events). Please see itinerary for specifics.
- Touring in a modern air conditioned vehicle, type depending on arrangements
- Complimentary Travel Kit including travel vouchers, support documentation and a New Zealand Map.
Self Drive Rental Vehicle- Independent Seat in Coach - Private Car & Driver/Guide (or a combination) - Group Tour
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN AUCKLAND
Met and transferred to your Auckland city accommodation. The balance of the day is free to explore New Zealand's largest city.
Day 2 - AUCKLAND SIGHTSEEING
Morning sightseeing tour of Auckland including city centre, Westhaven Marina and the Viaduct Basin, Auckland Harbour Bridge, the views from Mt Eden, which is the tallest of the many extinct volcanic cones around which Auckland is sited, the Domain Gardens, quaint Parnell Village, the lovely Parnell Rose Gardens and Waterfront Drive. Concludes with a visit to Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World and Antarctic Encounter to see the sea life including live penguins in a special sub zero enclosure. Free afternoon.
Day 3 - AUCKLAND / WAITOMO / ROTORUA (352 KMS)
Today travel south across the Bombay Hills and through the Waikato Valley and Hamilton City to Waitomo in the King Country for a guided tour of the famous limestone cave including the Glow-worm Grotto. Lunch at Waitomo then in the afternoon travel across picturesque farming country and over the bush clad Mamaku Ranges to the thermal wonderland of Rotorua.
Day 4 - ROTORUA SIGHTSEEING
Morning sightseeing tour of Rotorua. Includes a guided tour of Te Puia - the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve to see the geysers and other interesting activity and the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute where young Maori are learning traditional carving and weaving skills. Also visit lovely Rainbow Springs to see the trout and rare kiwi birds, and enjoy the entertaining Agrodome sheep show. The afternoon is free. In the evening enjoy a Hangi (dinner) and concert of Maori song and dance, including the famous Haka, on a local Marae (Maori Village).
Day 5 - ROTORUA / AUCKLAND (235 KMS) AND DEPART
Today return to Auckland Airport and check in for your afternoon / evening departure flight.